Saturday, December 26, 2009

Saturdazeee: Are New Year's Resolutions Worth It?


Top of the Morning My Crazy Folks!

As I look at the calendar, I realize that 2010 is coming faster than anyone saw it coming. To be honest, I am surprise to see how fast 2009 went. I mean it was just yesterday that we all were worried about what was to come as the new millenium was approached. I know you remember your parents stocking up on canned goods and water jugs because they were "scared that Y2K will strike." Now, we are entering a new decade in the 21st century.

As with any New Year that approaches, we all set out to make our New Year's resolution to create a fresh start and a big change as Jan.1st arrives. However, today I thought about something that I think many people should consider. Why is it that when many people make these resolutions, half of them will probably not go forth in what they say they will do? Now, I am not saying that making changes in your life is wrong. What I don't understand is why is it that when people make these resolutions, they seem to forget their goal and by February they are back to their bad habits?

I truly believe that we should end the thought of making a "New Year's resolution" only because if you will not go through with it the whole entire year, it will then defeat the purpose. Like the old saying goes, Actions speak louder then words. If you want changes to happen, don't just say it and then forget about it by Valentine's Day, change should be a life-long.

Another thing that bothers me is when the new year approaches, why is it that people always seem to have such a bad year and go on these rants about how "they can't stand this year." Now, I know we all go through our hardships in life, but damn! Must you go on a rant about it? We go through hard times to get stronger, not to whine about it. You might not know how you are going to pay your bills, makes no sense to cry about! While you sitting there crying, the credit company will be adding on interest to your payments as every tear droplet is going down your face. I am not trying to sound harsh, but in order to prosper in life, you have to strategize and figure out how to find a solution to your problem.

So as we go into 2010, realize that it is not about making resolutions, it is a positive attitude and taking action that will make your new year grand!

Take care folks!

0 comments:

 

©2009CrazyPrettyLady | by TNB