Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturdazee: Black Friday:The Movie

Hello my crazy loves!!!

I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving. We here at Crazyland enjoyed ourselves! We ate like a gluttons, slept like a lazy bums, and made some fabulous cocktails to enjoy!
So, yesterday, many of you went out in the early hours of the morning to shop until you put yourself into debt on Black Friday. Lines were stretching from the front of the stores to the next block just so people can get the best sales and deals on a fabulous crockpot or a sensational Snuggie blanket (don't you lie, you know you want one.)

Now, I respect a great deal as the next chica would, but some consumers go to the EXTREME to get the latest sale. I was watching the news and some woman said that she drank 5 cups of coffee and drank a red bull to make sure she makes it to JCPenny. Are you kidding me? In my local shopping center, two guys were literally about to fight each other because neither of them were going to give up the last Wii system that the store had in stock (which was on sale for $199.99). People are willing to kill each other, punch little children, push old ladies out of the way, and do whatever it takes to get that final sale.

To see this sort of behavior proves to me why America is in the state that we are in. Let be honest, half of those people who were shopping yesterday probably maxed out their credit cards, cleaned out their bank accounts, and even tried to exchange their food stamps to get that down comforter. Personally, I love to save and shop, but to see how people carry on like their lives depend on it is truly sad. To see grown adults argue in front of their children about a digital camera or a toy is horrific and this is why children are disrespectful to others. If they see mommy run over the lady with the shopping cart for those shoes, they are probably going to think that is normal and then imitate that in life.


All I am saying is that it is okay to shop and save on Black Friday, but I don't think it is necessary to kill one another over a pot; it will be there tomorrow.





Ta Ta.......



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The strength of a capitalist society has created a new holiday. Black Friday. The bivouacking rituals in front of every mecca of retail boggles my mind. Didn't someone die getting trampled a la Mufasa-in-the-wilderbeast-stampede in Wal-Mart not too long ago because of shit like this? Like really people? Are you willing to get cutthroat over a clearance sale? My girlfriend complained to me that I have a very bleak perspective on life (supposedly because I'm an artist and all artists have to be eccentric, sick, weird, or on drugs a la Vincent Van Gogh, Salvador Dali, Emily Dickinson, and even Thelonius Monk) but it is shit like this that reinforces my convictions. As advanced as we are in technology, it seems like the world is getting dumber and more savage. Soon enough, they will be putting snipers on the roofs of Best Buy and Wal-Mart to pick off the moment a crazed customer cuts in front of the line to get first dibs on a half price Nintendo Wii Bundle Pack. I can see it now. When are we going to learn people? I know this is a recession and you want to get a bang for your buck but damn! We are acting people in Soylent Green because we don't give a fuck about people (In Dave Chapelle voice) I GOTTA EAT NIGGA!. (singing) SOYLENT GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!! Where are the bulldozers scooping up people on the street when you need one.

November 28, 2009 at 3:04 PM
 

©2009CrazyPrettyLady | by TNB