Wednesday, November 25, 2009

In Crazy Music: Buy Two Pan Pizza, Get Rihanna's Album for Free, Adam Lambert's Contreversial Performance and Lady Gaga Says It's Ok to Be a Freak!

This is just SAD!!!


I was checking my Twitter(@CrazyPrettyLady) and I stumbled upon this nonsense! As you all know, Rihanna's new, dark album Rated R is not doing so well and her record label, Def Jam, decided to mark the album down to 99 cents. As if that is not embarrassing enough, they decided to work with Pizza Hut to sale the album. So, if you buy two pan pizzas, you can get the album for free. DAMN!!! ARE THE SALES THAT BAD?!?!?!?!SMH, I am sorry but I am not suprised that the album flopped. She is trying to act as if she is hard and she isn't. I think she needs to just take some time for herself and figure out what she wants to do with her life.




In other news...







Adam Lambert is the new boobgate! Well, not exactly, but damn near close to it! If you have been under a rock this whole week, you missed the scandal that is Adam Lambert. During his performance at Sunday's AMAs, Glambert had a full make-out session with his male keyboardist and poised on stage as if he was getting some head (politcial term: imitating oral sex). After the show, ABC has been getting a lot of criticism for the performance and banned Adam from performing on Good Morning America. Noticing that they could probably get a lot of much need publicity, CBS's Early Show invited him onto their show Tuesday to react to all the criticism. (Smart move CBS! Smart move!) During his interview, Adam said that he felt "picked on" about his performance only because he was a man. He goes on to point out that "Lady Gaga smashed liquor bottles; Janet grabs a man's crotch and no body says anything about it." When asked how did he feel knowing that children were watching the show, he simply said " I am not their parent, I am a performer. (OOOHHHH CHILE!!! GLAMBERT IS THROWING SHADE!!!)

In my opinion, I felt the performance was a tad bit too much. I mean, this was Adam's first performance. We are not used to Adam yet so for him to start out like that was quite intense for me. However, I do agree with him when he mentioned that there is a double standard going on. Let's face it, since he is a gay man kissing a man, people are outraged and throwing Holy Water on their television set. If you are going to get mad at the performance, you should get mad at Madonna, Britney Spears and everyone who are "raunchy." Keep it equal across the board.

Finally,

After her crazy performance at the AMAs, Lady Gaga goes on the Ellen DeGeneres Show and talks about accepting her role as a freak. On Friday, she says, "The whole point of what I do — the Monster Ball, the music, the performance aspect of it — I want to create a space "The whole point of what I do — the Monster Ball, the music, the performance aspect of it — I want to create a space for my fans where they can feel free and they can celebrate...I didn't fit in in high school, and I felt like a freak. So I like to create this atmosphere for my fans where they feel like they have a freak in me to hang out with and they don't feel alone."

Well, Kudos to you,Gaga! I respect a person who doesn't care about other people opinions. But, sometime, the woman does scare the hell out of me. I mean, the woman had blood coming out of her during her VMAs performance, SO I will continue to watch her, with with my hands over my eyes to shield me from the madness....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear Rihanna, this Adam Lambert dude, and Lady Gaga should all be chillin in the freakin Korova Milk Bar with Alex DeLarge and his goons. (Note: please watch Stanley Kubrick's "Clockwork Orange" to know what the Korova Milk Bar is. It's a sick and disturbing movie.) I know this comment might get me crucified, but I think Chris Brown has beat the remaining innocence out of Rihanna. I'm not surprised her album isn't doing well. This gothic emo look is just not working for her. Her past antics have been putting her in a negative light. Saying in an interview that your top priorities in your ideal man is a big penis, isn't a good look so you might want to re-evaluate how you're projecting yourself. However, I love Pizza Hut, but her free CD would become a weed tray if I we're a devoted pothead. Moving on, I'm not really familiar with Adam Lambert aside from the fact that he is openly gay, but this antic is a bit too ribald for television. We let Britney and Madonna slide. We let Justin and Janet slide. This really crossed the line Adam. Especially for the fact that you have alot of conservatives and God fearing Christian families that watch television and the omnipotent FCC. Now I'm no homophobe because homophobes become suspect in their convictions but he should've known better. Moving on, Lady Gaga is definitely instilling alot of bravado in the LGBT community so big ups to her. Now she's definitely a reincarnation of Madonna back in the late 80's early 90's so it's safe to say her antics are passe. She is a weird one (I mean what do you expect from growing up in the damn Village) but I give it up to her, she doing her thing. People are just going gaga over Gaga.

November 26, 2009 at 4:09 PM
 

©2009CrazyPrettyLady | by TNB