Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday Grooves: "Only One Can Win"

Hello Boys and Girls!


In the hip hop world, when you speak of classic producers who made a mark you have to mention J Dilla. He was one of the music industry's most influential hip-hop artists and producer around. Even after his death in 2006, his music still lives on.

Today, I was listening to J Dilla's songs and I immediately recognized one song that he sampled from. Now, I know not a lot of people my age would have any idea who The Sylvers are. However, we here at crazy land like to educate you young bloods on good music (So what I am 21 years old. I am ahead of your damn time mentally. GET AT ME SON SON!) The Sylvers was a 1970s R&B/soul and disco family group that had many hits that your parents to this day "groove out" to.  Though the song might be ahead of my time, I still love it and I see why J Dilla sampled from it!

Check out this blast from the past for today's Tuesday Groove. RIP J Dilla.


0 comments:

 

©2009CrazyPrettyLady | by TNB