Thursday, March 4, 2010

Crazy Fashion: V Magazine "Push It Real Good" In New Spread


During my blog watch session, I stumbled upon the new V Magazine spread (via Parlourmagazine.com). The spread was inspired by the legendary hip-hop girl group Salt-n-Pepa. The fashion spread showcased the style that helped propel the female act to fame in the 80’s and 90’s. I dig that they were trying to showcase the unique styles that catapulted Salt-n-Pepa as one of the flyest female emcees to step into the hip hop game.

HOWEVER.........

I am not going to lie, I  don't like the spread...hell, I HATE IT! I'm sorry to all my crazy fashionistas. You are probably right now poking a small voodoo doll of myself after my last comment but let's be frank here; the spread is bland! It need some salt and pepper (pun intended) to make the spread pop. I give them much props as I was completely intrigued by the pairing of  cool accessories and style choices but overall, the spread was dry then an old woman's vagina! Sorry to be vulgar but that is how I feel right now, don't judge me.

In my opinion, I think if they were to used  models who were more lively (or even had a little bit of curves) and give the background have more volume rather than  making the background soo...white, this shoot would have probably been doper than a crack fiend! Seriously, if they were going to represent hip hop, I feel that they needed tons more energy on this photo shoot. Hip hop, especially when talking about Sat-n-Pepa, was fun, lively and upbeat. This shoot is saying otherwise.

What do you guys think, do you dig it or not?

.

0 comments:

 

©2009CrazyPrettyLady | by TNB