Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mean Muggin' Mondays: "Success is Failure Turned Inside Out"


As many great leaders and entrepreneurs will tell you at one point of their life they have to struggle and grind their way to the top. I mean Oprah Winfrey didn't wake up and have her success; Jay-Z didn't become a mogul overnight. Therefore, why should I expect to be successful overnight.

Tonight, I had a moment, like many 20-something year old, where I question if all that I am doing is even worth it. I had a moment where I wondered if the many nights I spend staying up until 3 AM thinking of new,innovative ideas will be even worth it? If me going from internship to internship is going to pay off? As a human being, we often ask the question "Why me?" We all have (and don't lie and say that you haven't) asked ourselves "why me?" However, as a friend told me when I was spoke to her(which was truly a God's way of passing a message to me that I really need) that instead of asking "Why me?", ask yourself "Why not me?" 

Why shouldn't you go through the struggle? Why shouldn't you have to fight? Why shouldn't you go through the challenges and the deal with the neigh sayers? 

As the old saying goes "God doesn't give us anything that we can't handle." So, as you ask yourself the "shoulda, coulda, woulda", remind yourself that there's a silver lining and that YOU will succeed if you just work hard at it and stay focus.

To help my fellow Crazyettes, here is a little pick-me-up poem that I absolutely love! I read it as a reminder to myself that one day, I will be successful.  


Don't Quit 
When things go wrong as they sometimes will;

When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low, and the debts are high;
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are;
It may be near when it seems afar.
So, stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things go wrong that you mustn't quit.
-- Berton Braley



:-)

0 comments:

 

©2009CrazyPrettyLady | by TNB