Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday Grooves & Crazy Music: You Call It Young Money, I Call It Junior M.A.F.I.A.


















Good morning my loves!

As you all are aware, Young Money is arguably the undisputed rap team taking over the hip hop game. I can't hate on the team. Young Money is collecting that money, literally. With Lil Wayne as the front man, he has gathered a strong militia to take over mainstream radio.

However, being a hip hop head and a native NYer, I can't help but to get a tad bit salty when I hear some of their fans call them "original" or "the first team to ever put it down in the game." Anyone who actually understands and know a thing or two about the game knows that Young Money is NOT that original as they try to portray themselves to be.

I am not going to sugar coat it nor build up suspense about what I am going to say; I'm just going to say it:

YOUNG MONEY IS THE MODERN, MAINSTREAM VERSION OF WHAT JUNIOR M.A.F.I.A. DID IN THE '90s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There I said it!!!! It urks me that hip hop websites, hip hop bloggers, hell NEW YORKERS haven't came out to state this OBVIOUS fact. Now, I am not saying this top throw shade at Young Money as I respect their hustle, however, do not, I repeat, DO NOT believe they are original because just as how Lil' Wayne recruited a group of artists to be apart of his movement, the late, great Notorious B.I.G. did the same thing. I will even go as far as to say that Big was the first to even do that and get mainstream attention.

So for today's grooves, I want you to watch the Junior M.A.F.I.A. video then look at Young Money. You'd be the judge....

Enjoy! :-)










0 comments:

 

©2009CrazyPrettyLady | by TNB