Thursday, July 8, 2010

Crazy Question: What The Hell Is A Friend With Benefits?



As many people know that I am not one to shy away from speaking my mind. However, there are some concepts in this world that even I don't know what to think or say.

Now, as 20-something chica and having peers around me who are young and free, I love to see individuals love and life live. I'm an avid believer that your 20s are the years  to have fun, act crazy(not Lindsay Lohan crazy but crazy) and mold your future to make your life grand. HOWEVER, there is one concept I can't get down with and that is "friends with benefit."

I have male friends who have them and I have female friends who have them and I don't get the -ish because they are always complaining about something going wrong during these transactions. For those who might now know what a "friend with benefits" is, let me give you a brief definition:

Friends with Benefits- Two friends who have a sexual relationship without being emotionally involved. Typically two good friends who have casual sex without a monogomous relationship or any kind of commitment

Though the concept of having a friend you can f*ck on the regular might sound dandy to some, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE SEX WITH SOMEONE AND NOT HAVE FEELINGS FOR THEM! I don't care what anyone says, if your having sex with your friend you are going to develop emotional feelings for that friend. 





Especially for women!!! We cannot have a friend with benefits because naturally we see sex as an emotional experience we have with a person that we could potentially see a relationship with. That's why many women keep their ex-boyfriends around because though the relationship is over, you're able to still share that passion one might still have for their ex...even if it only for a couple of minutes (sometimes hours for some, just saying :-) )

Through my experience, I've seen many "friends with benefits" deals go sour and they end up regretting the decision to keep the sexual relationship when they know there's more to it.




So, I poise the question, why the hell would have a friend that you f*ck from time to time when you know that you're going to build feelings for in the long term? Or, is it possible to have a friend you bang from time to time?

What do you think? SOUND OFF! 


0 comments:

 

©2009CrazyPrettyLady | by TNB