Thursday, September 9, 2010

Crazy Wisdom: Don't Burn Bridges, It Will Actually Leave You With Scars




As you guys know, I'm on my pursuit to success. Adulthood can be a mother but I'm learning sooo much along the way. However, the biggest lesson I've learned is to NEVER EVER BURN BRIDGES!!!!

Case in point..........

A friend of mine had the opportunity to work with a great media company. He loved his job and I hated him for having the job (what? I'm going to lie). However, three months into his job, he started to have trouble with a co-worker and when I say trouble, I mean he would constantly have screaming matches with his fellow employee. Recently, the fighting reached a breaking point when he spazzed out on everyone in his office and quit on the spot.

At the time, he felt liberated to express his feelings and "put them in their place" but now he is suffering from this decision because due to his outburst, many people in his field are hesitant to work with him.

Don't get me wrong, I know I'm a hot-headed individual (hence the name, DUH!) but I'm learning that in order to make it in the business world, you can't curse people out when you want to. To be honest, there have been many times where I had to walk around a little bit just to avoid these situations. Plus, I know I'm too pretty to go to jail so I don't want to do anything to get me there :-)

Also, most of the time, the one that you probably do not like probably have the most connections known to man! It might be annoying but you have to suck it up and roll with the punches. It makes no sense to bitch and moan, just suck it up! Listen, if I can avoid a fight, you can do too!!!!!!

:sigh:

0 comments:

 

©2009CrazyPrettyLady | by TNB